Monday, April 24, 2017

Young Adult Author Feature: Yvonne Ventresca




I find it a privilege to be a caretaker of the YA section in our library. There are amazing young adult books on the shelves, and I am trying to read as many as I can! One of my favorite parts of librarianship--besides the books--is meeting and interacting with the authors that write them. 

Today, I received a card in the mail from one of my favorite YA authors: Yvonne Ventresca. Both of her books, Pandemic and Black Flowers, White Lies are proudly displayed on the YA shelves under "V".  I have read both titles and recommend them to our patrons. 

Enclosed in the hand-written card was an award sticker to affix to the book Black Flowers, White Lies, as Yvonne's book won an Independent Publisher Book Award in Young Adult Fiction for 2017. It was an honor to place the award to the book cover. 

Congratulations, Yvonne: your award is well-deserved! 


1 comment:

  1. Thank *you*! Love this photo and so proud so be included in your library!

    ReplyDelete