Friday, September 9, 2016

Friday Book Reviews

 Hello and Happy Friday!  On this blog, we will be featuring book reviews by staff and/or teens.
All of the books are available at MCPL or via InterLibrary Loan (ILL).

Here are a few Friday book reviews for you:

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs.
(Book review by Rachael K., 14) 

      I loved this book, due to the easy comprehension level of writing, but still in a very immersive style. The story was new, with very interesting characters that I loved to read about. The main character discovers a whole new world in which all readers can learn with him. Overall, it's definitely a book I think everyone should try to read.







Jinx by Sage Blackwood
(Book review by T.J., 14)

   I disliked this book. Although it had a neat story line, it lacked the "hook" to get me attached to this book. I am also aware of fellow readers who did not enjoy the book. The book is about a boy (Jinx) who gets lost in the forest and learns about magic. He goes on a quest to rescue an unlikely friend. I felt like this book was a punishment and I do not recommend this read unless you are a fan of fantasy and magic.





Zeus: King of the Gods by George O'Connor
(Book review by Lori, staff)

   I liked this book. The author does a great job explaining the mythological story of Zeus using a conversational tone, and using the graphic novel format. The illustrations are striking, and the story is easy to understand. I like that the inside cover features a family tree of the Olympians. I recommend this book for anyone who likes reading graphic novels and enjoy Greek mythology.


No comments:

Post a Comment