Monday, July 17, 2017

Pokemon GO Ash Hat Pikachu and Anniversary!


It took me several tries on two separate occasions to catch this wily pocket monster! Apparently, Ash Hat Pikachu will be visiting all month to celebrate the one-year anniversary of Pokemon GO.

Interestingly, Pokemon GO was launched to the masses on July 6, 2016, just a day after I started my new position here at the Middlebury Community Public Library as the Teen Services Librarian. I am currently a Level 30 trainer in the Pokemon GO game, and I now have a year of new library experiences.

There are some parallels to learning a new game and learning (or relearning) a new gig.  Both have been investments of sorts; both have been fun, both have been trying on occasion (as learning curves typically are), and both overall have been rewarding.

 I look forward to the next adventures in both Pokemon GO and here at the library. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment