Monday, March 27, 2017

Pokemon of the Week: Magikarp

Hi!

Lately, I have been seeing a lot of water Pokémon. I am not sure if it is because that is it finally spring (YAY!), or that it has been raining a lot, or all of the above. The Pokémon I am featuring today is Magikarp.  Today alone I have captured and transferred four (or was it five?) Magikarp.

Magikarp is a water pocket monster. As you can see, the Magikarp by itself is not pleasant-looking, as it resembles a big ugly goldfish that flops around. Magikarp in this form doesn't do a lot besides splashing and struggling.

I just noticed that I captured a Shiny Magikarp. Apparently, a Shiny Magikarp is different than a regular one. The color is more yellow, and I found out that it evolves into a different-colored (red) Gyarados.



However, when I have 400 Magikarp candy, I can evolve this Pokémon into a much cooler one: Gyarados. This pocket monster is considered as rare, and from what I have read, cannot be hatched by Pokémon eggs. I believe it can only be evolved from a Magikarp. (If I am wrong, please write me and let me know!)

(Photograph courtesy of Forbes.com)

(Hint: if you use the Pineapple Berry, Magikarp will drop more candy.)







No comments:

Post a Comment